Tuesday, December 9, 2014

FOA Reflection

My partner and I completed our first further oral activity around the topic of stereotypes and racism targeting african american people in advertisements; and the main question: "What does advertising reveal to us about society". We presented a bunch of advertisements we felt was related to the topic and included strong examples of racism. I chose five different advertisements from different companies, and they were all around mid to late 1900's. I had a basic structure to help me analyze my advertisements efficiently. Purpose, Intended audience, Language/slogans used. I really felt that my work was well structured and organized which led to a decent presentation. Once i had completed with my presentation I started to realize the parts I could've and should've improved on more. I thought that I should have memorized my script better, which will of course have led to a much better presentation, and also not needing to hold up my script while presenting. I really think that my first FOA was a good one, but could definently be improved for next time, and all it takes is time organization and hard work. I learnt a lot from this FOA and i concluded my presentation by answering the main question by basically stating that racism and stereotyping is less nowadays and has improved from before for example 50 years ago, and most people do not accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment